Sat, Nov 18|
Downtown Gibson City
Lighted Christmas Parade
Annual Lighted Christmas Parade in Downtown Gibson City, Illinois. Vendors and activities will be available.
Time & Location
Nov 18, 2023, 6:30 PM
Downtown Gibson City, 415 E 1st St, Gibson City, IL 60936, USA
About the event
Join us for the Annual Christmas Parade in Downtown Gibson City! This is a FREE, family friendly event! You will see many colorful floats throughout the parade, sponsored by area businesses and individuals.
This year’s theme is all about Traditions!! We want to celebrate what makes Christmas and the holidays special to you and your family and friends. What is the THAT one tradition you have to do each Christmas?
Want to join in on the parade? Get details on how to get involved below:
PRE-LIT FLOATS: The committee has arranged to have a large group of pre-lit floats.
- We will supply signs for all Pre-lit floats with your organization’s name.
- Floats will be lined up at County Market between 5:00 – 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 19th
- If you would like to know what Pre-lit Floats are available and the cost of the float before completing the form, please email us at GCHarvestFest@outlook.com.
- If you are interested in securing a pre-lit float for your organization, please fill out the online form HERE, or download a printable form HERE (instructions on how to return the printable form are on the form).
CUSTOM ENTRIES: Families, businesses, churches and organizations are invited to enter displays of lighted entries or Christmas-themed displays such as live nativities, groups of carolers, etc.
- All entries must be approved in advance by the committee. (No portrayals of Santa will be allowed, there is only one Santa, and he is at the end of the Parade.)
- Floats must be at County Market between 5:00 - 5:30 for registration/line-up. The parade will start at 6:30 p.m. and will go down Sangamon Avenue.
- If you are interested in registering a custom float for your organization, please fill out the online form HERE, or download a printable form HERE (instructions on how to return the printable form are on the form).